Thursday 11 October 2012

2 Poems Written By Customs Officer Turned Into Music In America


Two poems, ``Edward Gone Bedward” and ``I am a Nigerian,” written by Dr David Agbaje, a Nigerian customs officer, were in July turned into music in America.
Agbaje, an Assistant Comptroller-General of Customs and Coordinator, Zone C, said he submitted some of his creative works for an international poetry contest, organised by Paramount group, Nashville, Tennessee, in 2008.
He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Port Harcourt on Wednesday that he wrote ``I am a Nigerian’’ in 1979 as an NYSC member in Awka and ``Edward Gone Bedward’’ in 1992.
He said in 2008, he saw an entry for an international poetry contest, organised by Paramount Music in Nashville, U.S. and sent three poems.
Agbaje said the organisers selected two poems and in 2012 released them with other poems in a 12 track CD, titled Alone Again.
He said his love for nature inspired him to write.
``My poetry is loaded with themes of love, hope, universal brotherhood, adoration of the supreme intelligence that gave birth to the world, appreciation of the beauty in nature and denunciation of vices.
``I always like to impact on lives anywhere I find myself; I always like to give motivational words to depressed souls.
``I want people around me to be lively, agile and active. When I see anybody in depression, I am touched; I like to give him words of hope,” he said.
Agbaje, who holds a doctorate in English Studies, said such ideas motivated him to write poems to heal the world with positive attitude.
He said poetry sharpened his creativity and united him with the universe.
He urged aspiring poets to read extensively, have right attitude to life, radiate sunshine always, be hard working, love God and mankind to write good poems.
Are we motivated? motivated! motivated!! motivated!!!

1 comment:

We like to know what you think...